File Name Tag Explorer - Organize your files with tags.
File Name Tag Explorer lets you:
- Organize your files with tags.
- Search or Browser files with tag filter. Find files which match all or any selected tags
- DO NOT need to spend any time editing tag information for files. File Name Tag Explorer can automatically extract tags from files' name.
File Name Tag Explorer is a FREEWARE. You can use it for both personal or commercial purpose with no charge.
Who Needs File Name Tag Explorer?
You do if you've ever:
- Tried to maintain a tagged file system to organized your media files, reference articles, or other types of files.
- Wanted a tagged file system but do not want to spend much time on editing tag information.
- Collected a lot of reference articles or e-books and want to search or browse them in more efficient way.
What is a tag?
A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching.
If you are a blogger or use some kind of online bookmark service such as delicious you must be very familiar with tags, it's a powerful and efficient way to organize blog articles or bookmarks. Now it's the time to use this powerful tool to organize our computer files!
What's the problem with other file tagging software?
There are some file tagging software you can find on internet. With these software you must spend a lot of time adding tag information to every file. And even worse, some of these software store the tag information outside the file which means that anyone you give the file to can't read your tags or when you move the file you must rebuild all the tag information.
Why use File Name Tag Explorer?
With File Name Tag Explorer you don't need to worry about all these problems. File Name Tag Explorer use the key words in the file's name as the tags of that file. All you need to do is adding the folders you want to organize with tags, and then File Name Tag Explorer will scan all the files in the folder and extract the key words used in the files' name as the tag collection of that folder. Then you can use the tags to search and browse files. You can also add user defined tags to the folder.